Learning Disability Nursing Service (Carswood Day Services)
The Community Learning Disability Nurses are specifically trained to support the health needs of people with learning disabilities.
More about us
This service is for anyone with a learning disability aged 18+ who lives in the Bath and North East Somerset area and has a GP who is registered in that area.
The nurses can offer support around a variety of health needs such as:
- Accessing primary care services
- Supporting participation in the Annual Health Check Programme
- Health Action Planning (HAP)
- Assessing eligibility for LD services
- Understanding health conditions
- Providing easy read health information
- Liaison with other services
- Guidance and support to staff teams/carers
- Group or 1:1 health promotion/support
- Education and training sessions to staff/service users
How do I access this service?
You can access the service through:
- Your Social Worker/Support Service Coordinator
- Self- referral
Once you have been referred to the service a member of the team will contact you to discuss what support they can offer.