Employment Inclusion is a team of job coaches who can support people with learning difficulties and people with autism to move into full time paid jobs. We also work with people who are already in work but need support to keep their jobs.
Employment Inclusion, Cleeve Court, Twerton, Bath BA2 1RS
t: 01225 831625
More about us
We know that getting a job is important for people but that finding and keeping a job can be difficult to do on your own. Our job coaches can support you with this.
The service will help you:
- Get a job
- Develop skills
- Be more independent
- Gain more confidence
- Prepare for your future
Before you start work the job coach will:
- Work with you and others who know you to build up a picture of what you can do and what job you really want
- Give you the chance to try out different types of work so that you have a better idea of what you would like to do
- Work with you and employers to get the right match for you
- Support you to access any benefits advice relating to employment so that you how how getting a job will affect your benefits
When you start work the job coach will:
- Provide job coach support to you on site until you and your employer are confident that you can do the job on your own
- Be there to provide support if there are problems at work
Employment Inclusion was developed following the D.O.H. Valuing People Now – Employment Guidance White Paper. A range of stakeholders, including people with learning disabilities and family carers were consulted and Bath Council decided to develop their own Supported Employment Service to support people with learning disabilities and people with autism into good paid job.
How we can help you
We provide a supported employment service to people with learning disabilities and those with autism. We offer an evidence-based and personalised approach to support people with significant disabilities into real jobs, where they can fulfil their employment aspirations and achieve social and economic inclusion. We also look to ensure that people retain their paid employment.
You can access information on what services children, young people and their families can expect from a range of local agencies – including education, health and social care providers and voluntary organisations using the Bath and North East Somerset Local Offer website – the Rainbow Resource.