This service provides advice and support for those with conditions of hearing and balance.
St. Martin’s Hospital, Clara Cross Lane, Bath BA2 5RP
t: 01225 838 560
More about us
This service is available to adults who are registered with a GP in the BSW localities of either Bath & North East Somerset or Wiltshire
Hearing Therapy is for adults who have used Audiology services before and would benefit from:
- Practical advice sessions
- Counselling sessions
- Equipment demonstrations
- Funding applications to ‘Access to Work’ scheme
If you haven’t had a hearing test yet, please see our Audiology for Adults service page.
Our Hearing Therapy Service provides:
- Advice, information and support for people with any type of hearing loss
- Tinnitus clinic
- Tailored sessions based on your personal test results to guide you on how to get the most out of your hearing aid(s)
- Advice and demonstration of amplified equipment
- Information days covering all aspects of hearing loss
- A volunteer scheme that supports new hearing aid wearers
- Advice, information and support if you are receiving treatment for vestibular based balance conditions
- British Sign Language interpreters are available on request
How do I access this service?
To access this service you need to be referred by your GP and to have had a recent NHS diagnostic hearing assessment.
What does this service cost?
This service is NHS commissioned, and is therefore free of charge.
We may demonstrate some equipment, some of which is funded by the NHS and some of which is not, but we will advise you of this at the time.
In what areas is this service available?
We run clinics at St Martin’s Hospital, Keynsham Health Centre and Melksham Hospital.
You are able to choose which clinic you would prefer to attend regardless of where you live.