Who do we see?
We support children and young people from 0-18 (0-19 if attending special school) as long as their GP practice postcode is within Bath and North East Somerset. The Local Educational Authority and the majority of schools within Bath and North East Somerset also buy additional speech and language therapy support. This means that we can sometimes provide a service to children and young people with speech, language and communication needs but whose GP practice lies outside Bath and North East Somerset.
We support children and young people with the following difficulties:
- Developmental language delay and disorder (DLD)
- Speech sound difficulties (including developmental verbal dyspraxia, phonological delay and disorder).
- Voice disorders
- Feeding difficulties
- Autism spectrum condition and social communication difficulties
- Profound and multiple disabilities
- Moderate and severe learning difficulties
- Deafness and hearing impairment
- Augmentative and alternative communication needs (e.g. where signing, symbols and/or technology are used to aid communication)