The District Nurses provide nursing care to housebound adults, enabling them to maintain independence. We care for people with a wide range of health problems, including wound care, acute illnesses, complex or long term health problems and end-of-life care.
This service is for adults who are registered with a GP in Bath & North East Somerset.
More about us
We provide a 24 hour nursing service for adults who are housebound, which consists of the District Nursing Day Service, Twilight Evening District Nursing Service and the Overnight District Nursing Service. The District Nursing Services includes a District Nurse Team Leader, Community Staff Nurses and Health Care Assistants/Support Workers.
This can include:
- Comprehensive individual assessment of needs
- Interventions in the out-of-hours period to provide clinical nursing care, support and advice
- Skin care, including pressure ulcer care, post operative/wound & leg ulcer care
- Continence assessment and provision of aids
- Catheter care and bowel management
- Palliative care, including holistic management and symptom control for people with cancer and other life limiting conditions
- Medicines management; advice, guidance and support regarding medications, including IV therapy
- Provision of equipment, including advice and assessment to maintain independence
How do I access this service?
You can either self-refer using the contact details at the top of this page, or you can be referred by your GP or other health care professional.
You will then receive an initial assessment by a qualified nurse who will work with you to identify what your health needs are.
“The members of the Stroke Team who are visiting us are very personable competent and friendly. They are helping me (and my wife who is caring for me) through a very difficult time in our lives. This quality of support is very much appreciated.”