The Impact Team provide services to respiratory patients. We provide support to patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD) or Bronchiectasis in their own home or clinics. We also manage the local Home Oxygen Service and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
The service is for any adult over 18 years of age who lives in the Bath & North East Somerset (B&NES) area or is registered with a B&NES GP.
More about us
- A supported discharge from hospital and prevention of admission service for people with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) or Bronchiectasis. We work closely with RUH Respiratory Consultants and GPs.
- A home oxygen service for people currently on home oxygen or requiring an oxygen assessment. This service is for those who are registered with a B&NES GP and are 18 years old and over.
- An Exercise and Education programme (Pulmonary Rehabilitation). Our classes are suitable for those with long term lung conditions such as COPD, Asthma, Pulmonary Fibrosis and Bronchiectasis. We offer classes in venues across BANES.
- A team of Respiratory nurses and Respiratory Physiotherapists with support from Respiratory doctors.
- Our usual office hours are Monday-Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm. Outside these hours you can leave a message and one of our team can then contact you when available.
- Please note we are not an emergency service and may not be able to reply to your message immediately.
You can be referred to this service by your:
- Practice Nurse
- Community Matron
- Respiratory Consultant
- IMPACT team member