The Community Learning Disability Nurses are specifically trained to support the health needs of people with learning disabilities.
More about us
This service is for anyone with a learning disability aged 18+ who lives in the Bath and North East Somerset area and has a GP who is registered in that area.
The nurses can offer support around a variety of health needs such as:
- Accessing primary care services
- Supporting participation in the Annual Health Check Programme
- Health Action Planning (HAP)
- Assessing eligibility for LD services
- Understanding health conditions
- Providing easy read health information
- Liaison with other services
- Guidance and support to staff teams/carers
- Group or 1:1 health promotion/support
- Education and training sessions to staff/service users
How do I access this service?
You can access the service through:
- Your Social Worker/Support Service Coordinator
- Self- referral
Once you have been referred to the service a member of the team will contact you to discuss what support they can offer.