Direct Payment Service
What is a Direct Payment?
If your council decides you need support, you will receive a Personal Budget. You can choose to receive your Personal Budget as a Direct Payment instead of letting the council arrange services for you.
How to get a Direct Payment
The first step is an assessment of your care needs by Bath and North East Somerset Council (BANES) or Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
Direct Payments do not affect your benefits and are not classed as income for tax purposes.
Why choose a Direct Payment?
Direct Payments offer you more choice, control and flexibility in the way your support is provided and the way you manage your life.
- You can choose to be an employer; so you decide who you employ.
- Your employee(s) will be directed by you as to how you want your care delivered and when.
- You can also choose to arrange to pay for support and services from a variety of organisations.
The Support we offer
We have a Direct Payment Support Team that offers individualised and un-biased information, guidance and sign-posting to those people already in receipt of, or who have an interest in taking up a Direct Payment and those newly assessed.
- Visit you at home or talk via our telephone support line.
- Explain how a Direct Payment works and your responsibilities as an employer
- Support to recruit and train your Personal Assistant(s)
- Support you to access various services provided by other organisations.
- Provide a list of payroll providers and their fees.
Get in touch
We pride ourselves on helping our clients stay connected with the community and with people, activities & support networks that are available locally.
If you would like to find out more, please contact us:
If you would like to apply to become a preferred provider please download the forms from the links below and email BathNES.email@example.com