Early Supported Discharge and Rehabilitation at Home
The team provides rehabilitation and support for adults and their carers when leaving hospital following a stroke. We aim to help people to continue their recovery after a stroke by working towards personal goals, becoming more independent and adapting to life in their home and local community. Rehabilitation will be on-going whilst progression is still being made towards achieving personal goals.
St. Martin’s Hospital, Clara Cross Lane, Bath BA2 5RP
t: 01225 831 544
More about us
This service is for adults who:
- Have a new diagnosis of a stroke, or require acute management of a long term neurological condition
- Are aged 18 years and over
- Are registered with a GP in Bath and North East Somerset
- Have identified rehabilitation needs
- Can have their needs managed in their place of discharge
- Will be safe on their own between care visits
We will visit you at home on the day of discharge from hospital to assess your needs and to discuss how often you are likely to be seen.
We can provide support and rehabilitation seven days a week and can also organise short term care agency support in the evening if required.
Our service offers:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Specialist Nursing
- Rehabilitation Assistants, who support service users with their rehabilitation programmes as directed by clinicians
- Stroke Coordinator, employed by the Stroke Association to help people integrate back into the community
How do I access this service?
Our service users are mainly referred to us directly from hospital. We may occasionally accept community referrals from a health or social care colleague if our criteria is met.